I made the hat with buckram and wire, covered it with poplin, then chiffon, then tulle and finally feathers and little apples. It's not exactly like the real one, but I made it with what I already had and I only had to buy the tulle. The apples were taken from an old Christmas ornament. I used a victorian corset pattern for the corset (Simplicity I think, or McCalls) and just cut it to the desired shape afterwards. I used some kind of sturdy cotton/denim for the under layer, and vietnamese silk for the red part. The rest of the costume is mostly chiffon. And I haven't taken a picture, but the pettiskirt underneath has one red layer, so if I move you see a fun swirl of red and white!
Have a nice day!!