Newsboy cap

 So here's what I've been working on for the past few days. It's two  upcycled little newsboy caps, or gavroche hats, or Huck Finn hats, whatever you want to call them.  I made them in a 2-4 year size.

So I started from this, a woman's tweed vest (sorry the picture is blurry):


And this (tweed winter coat):





And ended up with this for the first one:





And this with the second one: 




You can clearly notice that the two are slightly different. it's intentionnal. Only the finishing touch was done differently, creating two totally different styles!

I admit it, these two were made from a pattern. It's by Sew Liberated. So of course, I won't sell these.  Very nicely made pattern actually. But there are a few things I would change. I'll try to make a different version eventually, and see what happens.

And If you're wondering about the little ''head'' I'm using, it's a papier maché head model I made to verify the size of my hats. It's basically a baloon that has been blown up to the desired size, and then I applied about 5 layers of papier maché (bits of newspaper with a mix of flour and water for the glue),  letting it dry in between every layer. In the end, I applied a bit of white acrylic paint to make it pretty. 

Commentaires