Painted Portrait

My sister is a really good painter. In fact, she wants to become a professional artist and just won a scholarship to study painting this summer at the Studio Escalier in France.  From what she tells me, it's supposed to be one of the best painting schools in the world, and this is really good for her resumé and boosts her chances to be acepted in a good university. I think she has a lot of talent. Her latest canevas is a portrait of me in my Wicked dress. Here it is:



I think it's awesome. And it really does look like me!! The painting is pretty big, I suppose about 40 inches wide.  Had to pose and everything, like anyone would have had to do before photography was invented... I was so terrible at posing that my sister ended up taking a picture of me and painting from it. I really don't understand how they managed to have children pose like this before. 

Well, that's about it for today. Oh and if you want to see some more of her work, here is her blog (in french, but you can still look at the pictures): http://helenavalleedallaire.blogspot.com/ 

Commentaires