Hi! Sorry it's been a while since my last post. I'm still working on my 1912 gown, but we had a week of summer weather recently (and afterwards it went back to freezing) and it got me thinking that I don't really have any nice summer dresses. So I went through my collection of vintage patterns and dug up this one:
Here's what I came up with. The copyright on it is from 1959! I also wanted the dress to look a little bit like the Downton Abbey styles in a modern way, so I loved the idea of the high waistline. I chose a navy blue cotton blend and some cream crepe.
This is the result! Sorry the pictures are so bad, I'll take some good ones when the weather will be better.
I'm quite pleased with the result, even though the back is a bit wrinkly. I think it's because the style is not supposed to be that adjusted, combined with my deep lower back curve.
Progress on my beaded belt
This is a baby's bonnet I have starded, again with a DROPS design pattern. The yarn I used is called SeaWool and is a wonder to work with (and is also expensive).
Oh and as for my 1840's stays, they're basically done but I haven't found a busk yet. So I'm waiting to eitner find something that would fit or to find a nice piece of wood to make one.