Sissi's Dresses

Hi! I spent last Christmas in Vienna, and just remembered I forgot to post about it until now. It was a lovely christmas, but the best part was getting to see some of Empress Elisabeth (Sissi)'s dresses up close. She was a truly beautiful woman, and an icon of fashion back then. Here are a few pictures:


First of all, It's not a proper visit in Vienna without cakes at the Café Central! My gosh they were delicious!, and look at that place, isn,t it the most beautiful café you've ever seen? And you can see a portrait of Sissi in the back.




My sister and I on the steps at Schonbrönn Palace, on Christmas Day. There was a lovely christmas market rignt in front of the palace, with a giant christmas tree. We had some delicious hot wine and carried on with our visit. Sadly we couldn't take pictures inside. 


The next few pictures were taken in another museum. I don't recall the name, but they had three different exhiitions about Sissi and he Imperial family at that time. 




A lovely lace shawl, and a belt. You read that right, that little black thing is a belt... imagine how small her waist was!


I love that dress. She wore it in Corfu. I think it's from the late 1880's






An evening gown




These nex few dress pictures were taken from the web, but I did visit the Sissi Museum at the Hoffburg where they are displayed. We weren't allowed to take pictures. 



Here are a few portraits of the empress herself:


This one is probably her most famous portrait. 




I leave you with this lovely (HUGE) gingerbread house. This was at the Café Central. 

Have a nice day!



Commentaires